For the full Ofsted Report (you may view the published pdf document), please click here
. Below is the Ofsted 'letter to the children'.
27 January 2010
Inspection of Riversdale Primary School, London SW18 5JP
Thank you for making us so welcome when we visited your school recently and for helping us with the inspection. We really enjoyed talking to you, looking at your work and sharing your lessons.
We found that your school is giving you a good education, and that there are many good things going on. These are the things we liked best:
- You enjoy your learning and make good progress as you move through the school.
- You behave well and show a great deal of respect for one anotherís different backgrounds.
- You make a good contribution to the school community, particularly those of you in Year 6.
- You are well taught and have some great opportunities to try new activities in school.
- You are well looked after and get extra support if you need it.
- You feel safe and secure in school, thanks to the efforts of the staff.
- Your school is well run and senior staff know how to make it even better.
To help the school improve further, we have asked to the staff to:
- make sure that you all do as well as you can in your writing
- work with your families to make sure that you all come to school every day.
You can help by trying to write as much as you can and having confidence in
yourself as writers. Donít be afraid to ask if you need help with spelling or donít know the right words to use. You can also help by making sure that you only miss school if you are ill and asking your parents not to take you on holiday in term time.